Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Addition

OK where was I? Oh that's right, God had just blessed us with a huge Mansion. LOL. Really though, we knew at this point we could start to focus on the next plan we felt like the Lord was telling us to do. This was to add to our family via adoption. My whole life I had wanted to adopt, I never felt like it would happen. It was at a vacation bible school that I met a man who told me that he and his wife had 6 children. 4 of them were adopted. It was so God's timing that I met this man. Long story short, he introduced us to his wife and we totally fell in love with this family. This family shared their experience and helped us to get started by recommending an agency to work with. My husband Tim and I had talked on many occasions about adoption, and had realized that we both had the desire to adopt. It was when we met this family that we knew the Lord was again talking to us and leading us to where he wanted us to go and do. We took action, calling the agency, checking on foster care and when it came down to it, we realized we couldn't afford to pay what in the long run would be 1/2 of our yearly salary. We prayed some more to try and figure out what to do. We looked into ways to make the adoption cost lower, one on these ways was to go some where we could get a cheaper home study. It was at the moment we walked in for our first appointment we knew that the local agency was where we needed to be. I give more details at a later post... until then, Bye

Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Nikki Cox said...

o my r u guys NUTS u already have two is that not enough and KAYLEE is enough fo me! This is what i thought when u told me... Then I had Kaylee's twin!
Love ya
~N~